Dr. Tara Victor, PhD,
joined our team in the Department of PM&R at the Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System in 2006. She came to Los Angeles in 2003 for internship training in Clinical Psychology, which she completed at the APA accredited West Los Angeles Veterans Administration. Dr. Victor later completed a two-year postdoctoral fellowship in neuropsychology at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. She is currently a licensed clinical psychologist and Assistant Professor of Psychology at California State University. She is a graduate of Michigan State University where she received awards for her research in neuropsychology.
She presently serves as a member of the multidisciplinary Pain Clinic team on WLA VA campus and contributes to the instruction of UCLA PM&R Pain Residents and Fellows who rotate through the WLA VA. Her interests include psychotherapy, the neuropsychology of chronic pain, as well as the differentiation between malingering and somatization.
- Graduate School: Michigan State University
- Internship: West Los Angeles VA Healthcare System
- Fellowship: Harbor - UCLA Medical Center
SPECIALTY, CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
- American Psychosomatic Society, Associate Member
- International Neuropsychological Society, Associate Member
- National Academy of Neuropsychology, Affiliate Member
- International Society for Neuro-Psychoanalysis, Member
- Society for the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration, Student Member
- American Psychological Association (APA), Member
- Division 39 Psychoanalysis
- Division 29 Psychotherapy
- Division 40 Clinical Neuropsychology
- Division 12-II Clinical Geropsychology
- Division 20 Adult Development and Aging
Back to PMR Fellowship clinical staff page.